Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teething

Annie is teething big time now.  If she's not asleep, she is chewing on something.  You can see the watercolor paper she was chewing on before I put a rawhide stick in her mouth.  I was getting very concerned about how big she is getting after meeting several "german shepherd" types at the park.  I called the family that I got her from (one good thing about getting your puppy from a home) and asked again about Annie's mom and dad.  They said that Annie's parents were both purebred GS and the dad (who had papers) was really BIG.  I guess the whole litter took after the dad as far as size and will all be very large. At 14 weeks, Annie now weighs over 35 pounds.  I'm very carefully about what she eats but if the charts are right, Annie could get as big as 140 pound!  One good thing is that she has her mom's temperment and will be a very gently dog.  Of course her tail will be able to knock over a small child or anything on a coffee table.

No comments: