Monday, March 8, 2010

Fun day At Alameda Point Flea Market

Had a great day with my girls (daughter Evan, Michelle Evan's room mate, niece Julie) at the Alameda Point Flea Market. Antiques by Bay I've been waiting to check out this flea  market for years but never got around to it.  I know it's a favorite shopping place for Tim Holtz and he sometimes plans his Northern California classes to be here on the first Sunday of every month. When we first got there (very late in my world) after 10:00 there was a major traffic jam to get in the parking lot, so we parked off site and hiked in. I had no idea what to expect.  The first thing you will notice is that there are tons of cool stuff everywhere. If you are a creative type you will be in creative overload.  What I didn't know at the time was you can only sell things that are at least 20 years old. None of the mass cheap imports like you see in most city flea markets. I picked up this little dog knitting vase (got a lot of eye rolling from the girls) which was too cute to pass up. It's well worth spending the day there!!!

No comments: