Monday, March 1, 2010

Children and Fur Babies

Yesterday was my birthday and no I wasn't a leap year baby.  I was born at 11:57 pm.  The doctor asked my mom if she wanted the baby born in Feburary or March.  In true motherhood form, my mom said "just get it out". For all of us who have had babies we can totally relate to how she felt. 
My birthday was a day of technology and kids.  I talked to my son who is on deployment in the Middle East via Skype.  He will be coming back home later this month but it was still nice to talk to him.  My daughter Evan (who is in her early 20's) is always trying to update my "look" so I got a very nice (but tight fitting) outfit from Norstrom.  Evan said it looked great but I'm going to take it back and get everything in a size larger.  Since I have to jog a little with Annie, I went shoe shopping with Evan.  She has been running forever (soccer, cross country, marathons) so she power shopped me through the maze of running shoe out there.  She also insisted on buying me a pair of more "hip" shoes to wear with my jeans.  Annie (the dog) has been such a joy in my life even with having to deal with all the puppy issues. She is always by my side. She is too big now to sleep at my feet when I'm working on my computer so she sleeps on the stair master I have blocking all the cables.  I put stair master there when we had the foster kittens since they were always jumping on the power strip turning off my computer.  Yes, all my "kids" made it a fun day.

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you got to talk to your son...we just discovered Skype and love it!

Unknown said...

I love kitties - but have always bonded more so with my dog(s). I love having Libbi next to me. She (labrador) is by nature a very loyal dog as is Annie (shepherd). My aunt & uncle used to raise shepherds on their farm. They had 22 pups one summer when I went to visit - what a blast!!!