Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Prepping for Nepal

We are having a big (and much needed) rain storm today, so I won't be able to hit the trails. I will instead be walking around the house breaking in my new back up hiking boots and making sure they fit correctly. It took me several days to find the right pair and many trips to REI. A few weeks ago I did a long hike going down hill (which is much harder on your body than going up hill) and damaged my big toe nails. I thought my toenails were cut short enough but I was wrong. Looks like I will lose them at some point. Yes, I know that sounds gross. So now I have to be extra careful in the hiking boots I get. My favorite old hiking boots and water bottle (both have been around the world with me) will be on the trip but we were advised to bring a extra pair a boots. Because of my toe situtation I had to get boots 1 1/2 sizes bigger than I would normally and extra thick socks. It will take a little time to get use to them.

No comments: