Saturday, October 17, 2009

Books for the road

I will be spending 40 plus hours on a plane not to mention three days of layovers at various airports for my trip to Nepal. In the past, I've taken one book which of course doesn't last long but I don't like to spend a lot on a book I know I will be leaving where ever I happen to be when I'm done or it turns out to be a dud. I went to Barnes and Noble to get some books for my son's care package this week and I always have sticker shock when I check out.
I finally discovered the on-going used book sale at my local library. I decided to stock up on some easy to read fluff and some books I've been meaning to read or ones that looked interesting. The paperbacks are$1.00 and the others are $2.00. So for under $15.00 I have what I hope will be enough reading to last me through my long flights and layovers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could have also checked with your friend in Michigan & she could have sent you a butt load of books to read too! It's called a book swap - we should all try it in our group someday!!!