Sunday, October 11, 2009

10 1/16 inch abalone

The Scrap Pink event was a huge success with everyone having a great time. The make n takes took much longer than we thought so I was there until midnight finishing up the last group of people and I had an assistant (thanks Jane) helping me! Michael Strong's classes were again great and he will be back again on January 30, 2010 for the Scrap Blue (prostate cancer) Mega Crop. I would call Memories Live On and sign up now for his classes before it fills up! While I was helping out with the crop and Michael's classes, my hubby went abalone diving. He said it was an awesome day and he came home with a trophy size abalone 10 1/16", which in the abalone world is one big sucker. The record holder for abalone is 12". The mussel shell next to the abalone is also super sized.
While Michael and his wife Carla are in town, we take them out to dinner after the last class each night. My hubby got home in time from his dive trip on Saturday to whip a simple abalone dinner for us. It was also Carla's birthday so it made it even more special. I do have to say Mike and Carla have moved into the "good friends" category since they came over for dinner without me cleaning up the house. :)

No comments: