Friday, October 2, 2009

Going to Nepal

It's official now, I'm going trekking in Nepal. This is the last of the things on my life list of "have to have good knees" things to do. I have other hiking places on my list but most don't require as much knee power as trekking in the Himalayas. I'm so excited about going and a little nervous about traveling all the way to Kathmandu by myself to meet up with the rest of the hiking group. I'm off to the travel doctor today to get all my shots and start the malaria suppressant treatment. Yes, that part is not fun but it's part of being able to travel to some cool places. One of the BFF (who reads my blog) thinks I'm crazy to go. She doesn't want to know when I leave for my trip, so I won't post any dates. I'm even going to post date some cards while I'm gone to help reduce her stress. Right now it's a marathon of hiking before I leave.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Lisa that is SOOOOO exciting!
What a trip!
Can I come and drag the baby along? hehehe
I'm sure you'll have an amazing time

Unknown said...

What a great opportunity! Have a fun time!

Unknown said...

Wow!!!This should make for some amazing stories and photos to last a lifetime. Everything in Nepal is a photo op, so I'll be looking for some of your photos on this blog, maybe even from an Internet cafe over there...???

By the way, my brother met his future wife on the way to Katmandu--separate trekking groups but they "bumped" into each other enough. A couple little children trekked in my brother's group, but they had their own nurse...

Sure wish I could go with you, but, alas, that is not to be...

Enjoy!!! My thoughts are with you,

Carol F.

toners said...

WOW - you are soooo brave!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Susan Raihala said...

Very, very exciting! Good for you to have such a big adventure.

The honey arrived safe and sound and is about a quarter gone. Yum! Thanks so much!

BTW, I'm adding your blog to my Reader. Lovely CAS work here!