Friday, October 16, 2009

Career Closet Sale

I've been looking for an outfit to wear on the plane for my up coming trip that is comfortable but just in case I get bumped up to first class (over booked flights) need to look put together. Comfort and function is what I look for in clothes, I'm not a clothes horse in any sense. My family talks about how I should be on one of those "how to dress" make over shows. When I retired from work, I donated all my suits to the Career Closet. It's a great non-profit that helps women who are entering the work force after going through another training program find clothes (free of charge) to wear for their interviews or job. Each quarter they have a open house sale where they are open to the public. Since I've never been to one of these sale, I stopped by to check it out. I found a nice 3 piece outfit ($28.00) for the plane, two leather jacket ($25.00 each) and two tops ($8.00 each). What I like about the clothes there was that everything is what real women wear. Tons of volunteers were around to help out selecting things of those of us who didn't inherit the fashion gene. Prices were reasonable with all the proceeds going to Career Closet program. The sale runs today and tomorrow at both the San Jose and Foster City location.

No comments: