Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting ready for Nepal


I knew when I finally got to go to Nepal that I would have get shots and take a lot of preventative medicine. There is very little medical care in Nepal. Even I was little surprised at how many. I feel like a walking pharmacy! Here's the list:
Two flu shots and back up flu medication in case the first two shots don't work
Polio booster shot (still have a sore arm)
Malaria Suppressant
Hepatitis A & B
Typhoid (taking that now since it only last for a short time)
Tetanus
Packing Cipro for when I get a stomach bug, which everyone gets
Bug Spray with DEET.
I also have to take out traveler's medical insurance since there is no medical care in most of Nepal so if anything happened, I would have to be airlifted out to another country. Even with all this needle poking and pill popping the trip will be worth it.

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

are you climbing mount everest?? When are you going??

toners said...

OUCH!! But as you say, well worth it :)