Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Brenda Walton - Country Cottage 3-D die

I've been working on gnome houses for my garden and I was asked if I could do workshop at FabMo. Wooden houses wouldn't be cost effective (unless they get a big donation) so I thought about Tim Holtz's paper houses. Because his dies are steel blade, they would be able to cut through wallpaper, which FabMo has a lot of. The secondary market for retired TH dies are crazy expensive. I asked my crafty friends but even when these dies were new, they were pricey.  About a month later, a good friend came through with a Brenda Walton house die. From the thick dust on the cover, this die hasn't seen daylight in a long long time. :) 
It's very much like the TH so I'm going to start designing a class. 
Thinking, Christmas scenes, ornaments or inside a pop up card. 
Right now I'm reading up on how to make do pop up cards. I've done them in the past through trail and error but thought maybe  I could find some short cuts. 

No comments: