Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Alter Art Project

I've been doing alter art work on some old books while down in Carmel. I was hoping to get a worn leather look but so far no success. It's a project I hope to do for FabMo if I can figure out how to speed up the drying time. I had all the supplies to do the project so I packed everything down here to the Carmel house. 
The next step is to cut a window in the cover and hollow out the inside. I thought making it into a diorama or scene with found objects inside would be interesting. 
Supplies:
Mod Podge, Tissue Paper, Yellow Acrylic Paint, Alcohol Inks
1) Cover with crinkled up tissue paper and mode lodge - the smaller the better. Let dry
2) Paint over with yellow paint - yes it makes a difference.
3) Go crazy with alcohol inks or any other staining medium. Give each layer time to dry
4) Seal with one thick coat of mode lodge. 

No comments: