Thursday, May 2, 2024

More Cookbooks

How many cookbooks does one person need? Yes, I stopped by the church book sale again! What I'm looking for are cookbooks that talk about "at the staff table" meals. This is food made for the staff when they all sit down and eat together. It sounded interesting because they use what's available but not enough to serve customers - leftovers. So I stopped by to see if anything new came in. 
I'm an Alice Waters fan so picked up her book "The Art of Simple Food". The Season" book caught my eye because in the small print it said "Nik Sharma of "A Brown Table". Guessing it was about Indian cooking (my stomach isn't a fan) I looked through the recipes and it looked interesting. Who ever owned this book dog ear almost all the pages so much so it looks like an origami project! I think it would have been better if they marked the recipes they didn't like. :)  It's an interesting read (he's a blogger) on his journey into cooking. Now I just have to see if his any of his recipes make my family list.
I did stop by the Yellow Brick Road thrift store to check out their books. The "Gourmet" cookbook there was $18.00! You can get it for 50% on Monday and Wednesday but still at $9.00 it's still high. My copy from the church book sale costed $5 and was in better condition. Pays to shop around!

No comments: