Sunday, May 26, 2024

Book vs Movie

I'm just a little jealous of those ladies whose favorite thing to do is read all day. It's not my things and I own that. :) 
I finally figured out I like books that have been turned into movies. I find it interesting to see what creative license the screen writers took and what they decided to keep in.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society book was a fun read.  The letter writing format made it an interesting read. I liked the movie, which I saw first but the book goes into so much more detail about what happened on the island during the war. 
I also decided to listen to the audio book but the format of the book, makes the audio book not as interesting. Plus the voices of the actors at times made them hard to understand. 
Next up on my list is "Chocolat" by Joanne Harris. Johnny Depp and Juliette Bonoche were great in the movie. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: