Thursday, May 30, 2024

Life of a reseller.

I'm getting ready to do a major overhaul of my booth at Cottage Crafts in Campbell. The first part was to have a 50% off sale to clear out the old stuff. This is to get my ROI (return on investment) back. The second goal and most importantly is to unpack all my back stock stored at my little cottage. I'm running out of room with all the toys I'm buying for the boys. :)

If I do go out picking, I only look for the diamonds in the rough priced low.  
So why the picture? Smoking isn't as common as it use to be at least here in California.  I didn't think there was a resale market for ash trays but I was wrong. Some of my biggest sales have been cigar ash trays. As much as I think cigar smoking is nasty, the ash trays sell well. Also people smoke other things that are now legal so having an ash tray out is cool. Found two vintage made in England ashtrays at the Goodwill for $1.25 each. I'll try and flip them for $10. It was made for both cigars and cigarettes so that was a bonus. 
At the Happy Dragon, we received a huge donation of  high end tea cups. We priced them at $5 each and they've been selling like hot cakes! Not knowing much about tea cups but seeing there is a resale market for them, I thought this vintage mini tea cup would appeal to a collector. Paid $1.79 and will flip of $8.

No comments: