Sunday, May 7, 2023

For the birds

One bird sighting this week!
I've always like putting out bird feeders. When I was living in the Cupertino Hills with Annie, I didn't need to as the birds just had a field day in my gardens. With Annie there the little birds felt safe so they were alway around. 
A good friend sent me this feeder for my birthday and it took a few months to get it out into my yard. First we had all those heavy rain storms and then I was gone for several weeks dog sitting. When I did finally get it out into my yard, I didn't know how long it would take for the birds to find it. Of course my front yard isn't very bird friendly yet, squirrel happy yes but no birds.  I'm slowly (very slowly) getting things cleaned up and hopefully looking like a place where birds will want to hang out. First I have to tackle pulling all the weeds while the ground is still semi moist. I pull weeds until I fill out the recycle bin, which this week only took an hour - that's a lot of weeds!  I've planted some rosemary seedlings which the gardener weed whacked down while I was gone, so I'm working on finding a better way to protect them. I'm slowly adding to my garden tools collection so that is helping. Still in search of a good shovel after I broke the handle of the old one I found on the property. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: