Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Art that speaks to you

Related Posts with Thumbnails
I'm always in search of art work that "speaks" to me. I don't look for what will match my sofa or something  you would see in a staged home. I look for artwork that invokes that "feeling". One of the reasons when I'm down in Carmel I use to like walking into town at night with Annie and window shop at all the art galleries. Annie always hated walking into town and would walk as slow as she possible could without actually stopping. :) 
I really liked this oil painting at the last DGW auction this past weekend. It's interesting I liked the painting but I don't like San Francisco at all. I did bid on it but I was bidding against an art dealer from Carmel so I knew it was going to go to full retail. If I thought my kids would take it after I'm gone, I would have been a little more serious in the bidding.
Most of the artwork at this auction house are put into lots (groupings) but this one was hanging in the fancy room. Happy to see it went to someone who saw the value in it and hopefully find it a great home again some day.  

No comments: