Saturday, October 16, 2010

Crafty Foxes Holiday Boutique

Today was Crafty Foxes Holiday Boutique.  It's been around for over 35 years and has changed a lot in that time.  It's use to be all handmade Christmas ornaments by women who were stay at home moms.  Now most of the vendors are professional artists making the holiday boutique rounds.  It has a Asian theme so there is always something interesting to see.  I don't buy much anymore but I did get some of Kelly Kookies.  They made a new shortbread blueberry and guava cookie which was pretty good. Their chocolate dipped shortbread is the best.    I helped out sorting price tags and riding shot gun when things came up to the check out stand without tag.  We sold our honey and spam musubi.  I didn't have an extra card rack so I couldn't sell my cards. I did buy Annie some chicken jerky from "tablescraps" (that is one of the best names for a dog food company) which she loved.  They also have a line of doggie cloths and collars but nothing in Annie's size.  When I asked why they didn't carry bigger sizes, they said the bigger dogs are able to rip off something they don't want to wear.  We will see what Annie will do with her bee costume when we go out in public.

No comments: