Friday, October 29, 2010

Comfort Food - Pot Roast and Apple cake

Related Posts with ThumbnailsIt's rainy outside and I'm home with the start of cold. I decided to make some comfort food.  I love the smell of cooking pot roast.  My mom was a great cook and we always came home to wonderful smells from the kitchen. 
I didn't want Annie to feel left out, so I got her some HUGE beef bones.  I had a long talk with the butcher (I'm sure all the ladies behind me were rolling their eyes) about what size bone would be best for a large dog.  While the first beef bone was being roasted, Annie guarded the oven like it was Fort Knox.  I'm sure it will give her terrible gas tonight but she is one happy dog. 
Made an apple cake for dessert and plan to serve it with great bottle of honey mead made by the Rabbit Foot Meadery - "Melia".

No comments: