Friday, July 23, 2010

Vintage Papers Find Their Home

I haunt auction houses every week looking for cool stuff.  I always keep my eye out for printer's cabinets or vintage file cabinets with lots of drawers.  Sometimes the file cabinets still have their contents (papers, photos etc...) in them.  I usually just do a quick search through them because the dust mites and mold can be overwhelming.  Another artist friend asked for my file cabinet discards so a few months ago I gave her a box of papers. She went through the papers and did an Internet search for the woman's name that kept showing up.  Turns out this woman and her husband have a library in Oxford, Ohio named after them.  The library was thrilled to get things in her handwriting and I'm sure they will go through everything with a fine tooth comb.  Not sure how or why the papers ended up in California but it now has a permanent home in Ohio.

No comments: