Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New A Muse Cards

Once a month I do two free card making class at the Yu Ai Kai (Japanese Senior Center) in downtown San Jose for the members. They ask all the time that I do more "Asian" theme classes. A Muse just released a new set of clear stamps "Sushi Set" and once again A Muse has come up with some pretty funny one liners. "roll with it" and "life without friends is like sushi without wasabi"
The cards I do at the Senior Center have to be on the simple side (so A Muse works out well) since I only have an hour to make four cards. I plan on using this set of a class at Cranberry Hill too, adding a little more detail to each card.

I really had fun doing the tree branch. Using the clear set, I was able to bend the wording to go along the branch. I had more problems with the gate fold kimono card, not getting the back ground colors right. I finally asked myself, what would Zindorf do? I whipped out my sponges and started added two layers of color. Made a nice fabric looking background on the kimono.

1 comment:

toners said...

I love being able to bend the acrylic stamps...it makes a really different effect on the card! Beautiful work, as always :)