Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Honey Mead


The Bee Guild had a Honey Mead tasting and information demo at the meeting last night. I've been told by many people it's nasty stuff. I don't have the taste buds for alcohol so I rarely drink and when I do it's to prevent food poisoning while traveling. So in the spirit of the meeting I sampled some of the home made mead guild members brought in. I was very surprised that it didn't taste all the bad. Sort of like thin honey water with a kick. Then I samples some strawberry/honey mead and that was really good. Of course it could have been a flash back to my younger days drinking fruit wine with a screw off cap. Even a wine drinker, mead hater guild member said it was better than he thought too. I'm thinking I may try making some since the process looked interesting and by the end of summer we will have more honey than we can give away.

1 comment:

Sues said...

Do you sell your honey? I would love to get my hands on some of that this summer for my hubby! He loves it in his tea!!! I'm sure it is plentiful out there from my memories of the local farmer's markets I've been too!!! Can't wait!