Saturday, May 3, 2008

Auction Madness




Strange things happen to people when they go to auctions. Normally I'm yelling at my auction partner Debbie not to buy anymore linen lots, let alone bid on something really silly like vintage hats. So, I'm at the auction house today by myself and things are going along as usual. I decide I really want those little bee hand towels (I have the pattern but I know I won't ever get around to making them) so I bid on it. The lot does have some real vintage aprons made from fabric that is now being reproduced by many of the scrapbooking companies. There are also some shabby chic pillow cases and hankies I would use if I had a guest room to gussy up. There was also a hand quilted blanket in the lot, which I didn't know about, so that was a nice surprise.
I really wanted the little green suitcase that came with all the funky little hats and I knew no one else would bid against me so I just had to get it. When I was taking the photos of the hats, I had to lock Lucy out of the room. She was very interested in all the feather! The colors are so bright I would love to see the dresses that went with them.
The top photo shows you the only things I really wanted. Now you know why auction junkies end up with so much stuff!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Okay, how much did you end up paying for that linen lot? That was the one I liked to too because of the hankies but figured I would get outbid! The hats are great, Carol will pay $1 per hat.

Romy of Pixie Paper Arts said...

If you're looking to get rid of the hats...let me know! I will gladly take them off your hands!

toners said...

LOL!! What a fun time the two of you must have at these auctions :) And there are way more worse things to be addicted to than auctions!

Unknown said...

I love the tea stains and ALL! I miss auctions & antiquing. You'll have to take me a quick "thrill" ride when I'm out there!
OH - & you should see the old suitcases I found in my parents closets. TOTALLY forgot about them being in existance!!!