Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wild Time At Our House

It's been a wild time at my house this week. We are finishing up the work (remodel) of my art studio and it's bee swarm season. We are on the call list for our local Bee Keepers Guild. When someone has a unscheduled bee swarm arrive in their yard, hopefully they call the Bee Guild to have them removed. Urban bee keepers (volunteers) come out and if it's a easy catch, will remove the bees and located them in a new beehive or a hive that needs more girls. The hive in the picture will be relocated to a new home up in the hills that has a wonderful lavender.
So remember if you and anyone you knows gets a swarm, call your local Bee Guild first. The sooner the swarm in spotted the easier the removal.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my, I would definitely call someone it THAT was in my yard!

Romy of Pixie Paper Arts said...

Wow, that's really cool. I thought about keeping bees at my dad's place but I don't think he would appreciate that.