Friday, April 11, 2008

End of Week 4


These are photos at the end of week 4 of my studio make over. There was a little drama over the floor but that issue has now been taken care of. During a weak moment at the beginning of this week, I said yes to having crown moulding put in. Randy (the contractor) said that this was the first time he ever put crown moulding in a garage. He had some left over from another job and wasn't charging me much to install it. It does look nice but after what I had to pay to get the new flooring in, I should saved my money. From the pictures of the floor, you can tell I have to do something!!! The lights, outlets and most of the trim work is done. Just a little more painting, finishing off the baseboards, installing the sink and I think we are done. Because my garage slants toward the street (they all do that), Randy will be building a base for my apothecary cabinet so it will be level in the garage. He will also make a valance to cover up the cables to the garage door.

2 comments:

Marie said...

OOHHH how great! Love the wall color. Crown moulding in the garage...now that IS swanky and I think you will be glad after its all said and done that you did it. It just makes a room look finished.

Will keep looking for garage (and card) updates!

Unknown said...

I have been away far too long - this looks absolutely great! Lucky dog you! Can't wait to see IRL - & I want to see the red couch