Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Zen garden for the studio

The work on my studio is going well. The new rafters are in and ready for the cam-lights and wiring to be put in place. I sent Randy home this morning after I found out his wife had a list of things for him to do before their open house tomorrow. Randy is selling his home of 20 years in Cupertino so they can move into and remodel their home in Willow Glen. Thinking that his wife would be totally stressed out about things not getting done (I know I would be stressing) I asked why he was here and to go home now. It wasn't a total loss for me. Kristen (a good friend and a landscape designer) came by to go over ideas on turning my side yard into a nice garden/sitting area. Debbie suggested that I have a place for people to go for fresh air or a smoke during long sessions in the studio. It's the side of the house that looks right at my neighbor's two story house and gets no sun, so creative planting is needed. We brainstormed and now have a plan on what I will do once the studio is finished. It will be a sort of California Zen garden. Right now it's a post modern junk yard.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear about the garden.