Saturday, March 8, 2008

Studio Update

















Found two more things for my studio. In order to finish the final plans, I had to find a narrow sink. The plan was to pick out a sink (a really skinny one) and have a counter made to fit. I went to Home Depot but I wasn't thrilled with any of them. After that, I went to the Home Consignment store to see if they had a red leather sofa. Tucked behind a dining room set, sat my sink. I whipped out my tape measure ( I never leave home without) and was thrilled to find out it would fit in the space. It was a little pricey but now I don't have to buy a cabinet, counter or faucet so I think it wasn't too over the top. The sink and cabinet were custom made for someone building his estate home. The home never got built and everything made for the home went up for sale. The next day I went to the local auction house (this is were I get into trouble) and saw this circa 1900's Edwardian cast iron (thing weighs a ton) mirrored fireplace mantle. It was too cool to pass up. When the bidding started, I thought I would just resell it and help pay for my new sink. The bidding got to the point where the mantle was coming home with me to go over the sink. So now my plans to buy a red leather sofa is on the back burners until my bank account recovers. At least my studio will have the most interesting place to clean up. :)

No comments: