Sunday, August 25, 2024

Sunday Auction Finds 2024

It looks like I go picking every Sunday, but I really don't. I check out MaxSold every week and if there's something interesting I'll put my maximum bid in. If I get it super, if not no big deal. This week I picked up two different lots at two different locations. One of the major downsides to online auctions is you can't inspect the items in person. 
The buckeye root beer mugs looked interesting but sadly when I got home I found a major crack in one and a chip in another one. I buy from this company all the time and never had any issues. Their descriptions have always been good. In the picture you can see the crack which does go all the way through the mug. The other one has a chip. 
Years ago I collected chocolate molds. It was when there were still a lot of local candy makers that used metal molds. None of those places are around anymore. :( 
When this mold lot came up, I did a low bid of $15.00 and won. Not sure what the resell market is now but the Santa, shoe and turkey cross over into other collectable categories so I'm not to worry about being able to resell them. 

No comments: