Saturday, August 3, 2024

Milk Street - Spicy Crusted Pork Loin

I'm a cooking nerd, not a foodie. I think there is a difference. I like the science behind cooking and using all the equipment and gadgets.  Am I willing to pay $150.o0 for something that looks like a cat coughed up at a fancy restaurant, nope. 
Several years ago when Chris Kimball left American Test Kitchen (hasn't been the same since) and started Milk Street, I've been a follower. This spicy crusted pork recipe was one of the first ones his group published. I made it a few times years ago and really liked it. I've been wanting to make it again but every time I'm at Costco, I can't see going through that much pork. I finally decided to just break down and get a big one at Trader Joes.
I used what spices I had so I didn't get the crusty part but the pork did come out very moist. I've also gotten better at making the jasmine or balsamic rice (can't remember which one I used)
on the stove. I really flavored up the rice with broth and spices. Very happy with how that turned out.  It doesn't cook up the same as Japanese rice so I can't use my  very old rice cooker. I'm sure if I had one of the fancy modern rice cooker I could make it work but they are way too big for my tiny kitchen. Now that I do more meal prepping this one pork tenderloin made 3 dinners. 

No comments: