Monday, July 29, 2024

Surprise pick on Sunday 2024

On Sunday I went to pick up two boxes (center photo) of audio books from a MaxSold auction. Only paid $11, which worked out to .25 each.  I know it's very old school but with my wifi going down almost everyday, it's nice to have a back up. :)
This company posts every week on MaxSold and is based out of Campbell, very easy for me to get to.  They're an estate liquidation company so they sell a lot on MaxSold. They also have stuff out in their gated warehouse parking lot on the weekends that you can pick from. I'm not sure if these items didn't get picked up or not good enough to go into the auction. 
I really wasn't planning on getting anything but I saw the birdcage ($5) so the decided to take a closer look at what else was there. I paid $40 for everything and on my drive home I thought maybe I paid too much. It worked out to be about $3 for each item. I processed everything so I could post on Facebook before taking everything into the store on Wednesday.
I was very surprised on several of the pieces when I did the comps. I even found that two of salt bowls were sterling silver! The vase in the corner photo comps out at $250! It's a vintage amethyst vase with an iridescent coating. I priced it at $100 and I know it will take a long time to sell but it's too pretty to price it low for a fast flip. The amber jar with the wooden cover is a vintage tobacco jar. At first glance it just looks like a drinking glass. I was pretty surprised to find out what it really was!
Overall I'm very happy with my unscheduled pick!

No comments: