Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Pyrex Bowls Find 2024

It's mini ants season and I have those suckers everywhere! If I leave even a tiny crumb out I will wake up to a counter full of them.  It's so bad that I have to put my small bag of kitchen trash in the freezer!
So why the photo. The hardest pyrex bowls to find in good condition in the primary color collection are the smaller ones - blue and red. Blue being the hardest one to find. These are hand wash only as they were made before dishwashers were common. The color fades super fast from the harsh soap used in dishwashers.
I've put together several sets over the years as I enjoy the hunt. It does take years to put a set together because these are now very popular.  I've been asked many times if I would break a set up so they could buy just the red or blue, which I won't do.  When I do come across a good one like the one in the picture, I'll switch it out if it's better than the one I have. I then start the process all over again of building a set.

No comments: