Thursday, July 4, 2024

Do Crows Follow People Around?

There are some crows that I swear follow me around. It started at Buzz's house where I would give them any rodents I trapped. They really liked it and would be waiting every morning at their feeding spot in the backyard. It is a really big backyard so as soon as I walked away they would swoop in and carry it off. If it was too big, they would eat it down until it could be taken away. I started to notice when Buzz's owners weren't home, two crows would get fairly close to me at my place and start yelling at me. One of them would always perch right over my parked car. I don't feed the birds at my place because it just attracts the squirrels who end up eating everything. I do have bubbling water fountain which sees a lot of action in the morning. The crows have even pulled the tops off my sunken clay pot that are full of water, it's a gardening thing.  When I was at Sumo's house last month a crow would again get close to me in the morning and  start chatting me up. I'm not sure if all crows do this and it's just wishful thinking on my part I have winged buddies. :) 

No comments: