Thursday, April 7, 2022

White Elephant Leftovers

Yesterday the store picked up the left overs from the Oakland White Elephant sale.  It's something that's only open to non profits. We only had my assistant's small truck and limited amount of time to pick up. Most to the other groups who have done this before rented semi trucks, yes there's that much stuff left over! Everything is wrapped and boxed with the label on top of what department it came from. There's no cherry picking, you have to take the whole box. It was very long and physical 12 hour day. It was also very hot especially being out back in the parking lot. Every surface in the back room is covered with stuff and today will also be another long day of cleaning and tagging. When I got home I took an Advil because I didn't want to be woken up with cramps.  
There wasn't anything over the top (those got picked during the actual sale to the public) but overall it was nice enough items to fill up our shelves. I did invite the resale shop down the street to go through the boxes of things my store wasn't going to take. I was surprised they took as much as they did but I did save us from having to haul off those boxes. Today the plan is to clean everything, tag and make room out in front of the store. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 comment:

Niki said...

Good luck on your next adventure! You are brave to think of moving without a set place or job yet.