Sunday, April 3, 2022

Creative Challenge

As I wind down from working at the store, it makes me a little sad the "look and feel" of the store will change. There are a lot of arm chair quarterbacks who like to "play" dress up but aren't there everyday to make sure things are kept up. 
Unlike traditionalRelated Posts with Thumbnails stores I never know what will be donated so the displays change daily. One day we may get all clothes and the next day vintage items from years of traveling the world. One week we got two truck loads of books. One was from a photographer and her coffee table book collection, which just flew out the door! 
I did a wall of empty frames (not a new design idea) because frames are $$$$ so artists come in all the time looking for a deal and seeing them on the wall really inspires even non artists.
Yesterday several pieces of wire art was donated. This face is very cool but I know if I left it where people could touch it, it would get pulled out of shape. So getting the ladder out I put it inside one of the empty frames high up. This is one of the things I'll miss the most about my job, the daily creative challenge of making thing look good.

No comments: