Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Mysteries of local thrift stores


 This has always been a mystery to me about the local senior center thrift store. I know it's more a social program and not a money maker so it's managed in a different way. I don't visit it too often (only open two days a week) because there's never any "good stuff" to buy.  The shelves are always stocked with the same type of things that don't resell well. I know they take in way more donations than my old store did so I'm just curious as to what happens to the items that pickers like me are looking for. I did hear through the grapevine that the volunteers get to pick the good stuff so that could be why I never find anything. The people that are shopping there are the senior senior types (very elderly) so I was wondering if that's their mission, to provide a safe shopping experience for the very elderly and low income. I had several ladies that were regulars at the store that just came in everyday, sometimes twice a day just pass the time. 

No comments: