Saturday, April 23, 2022

Free Style Picking

Since I had to drop stuff off at the Salvation Army store, I decided to do a little free style picking. I normally don't find anything at the thrift stores here in Alameda to flip, so I don't brother to stop in. Not sure if it's because there are a lot of pickers or because the big boys (Goodwill & Salvation Army) now have online stores to sell the good stuff. Could also be because of the area, there isn't a lot of high ticket items being donated. It's very hard to find anything at the thrift stores and I'm not one to drive around to all the garage sales. Today I found this pitcher, which when I picked it up the weight made me take a closer look. The markings on the back (made in Portugal) and the color I decided for $1.99 it was worth buying. If nothing else it would add a little color to my booth. I checked it out when I got home and the comps on it came up at $900.00. Seriously people pay that much for a little yellow pitcher? It's headed off to my booth at Craft Crafts but no way will I tag it that high!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Best of luck with your transition period. Your grandson is very cute. Hope you enjoy wherever you land. Housesitting for a few months sounds like fun. We met a lady in WY who manages a bed and breakfast for the owner, just in the summer months. Too cold in WY in the winter!

Anyway, wishing you a fun and exciting new chapter.