Sunday, April 10, 2022

Using Google Lens app


Related Posts with ThumbnailsIt took over two days to process all the items that came in from the Oakland's white elephant sale leftovers. Everyone said I should go but there wasn't anytime I could without having a baby in tow. I did hear that the prices where pretty high this year so I didn't think I was missing anything.  Going through the leftovers that still had the prices on them, I have to agree that anything of value was at the high end. I think that with Google lens and those other pricing apps, they used that to base their pricing. There wasn't anything super good in what we got but that didn't surprise me as the Elephant volunteers get first crack at what can be taken after the sale. Everything is what I would call fillers, to help round out our displays. We got a box of pewter items (in the photo) and that made a very nice display since we would never get that many pieces in at one time.  
At the store it's a fine line on what things can be priced at. I'm use to the pickers scanning everything because it's business for them. It's when the volunteers get worked up that something isn't priced close to the retail price. What something can be resold for is different than what it retails new for. Clothes are especially hard with some brand costing a lot new but there's no secondary market for them.  
My assistant who is taking over my job when I leave next week signed up for worth point which gives you what something actually sold for recently.   We did check a few things from the elephant sale just to see and it proved that they were in fact checking recent sales of some items. It's too bad for the resellers but it is a fundraiser for the Oakland Museum and they do put in a lot of work to raise the millions they make on the sale.  

No comments: