Friday, December 31, 2021

Local Crab Season Now Open

It's been years since I had locally caught crab!  There has been a lot of reason the season hasn't been opened - whales, pandemic, algae etc.   
The season for the Bay Area just opened up on Wednesday (12/29/21) - happy dance!
I knew the season was going to open so I started asking around to all my volunteers where they get live crabs from. Many of them own boats so I figured they would also know who has the traps. Got a lead on two vendors, so I went with the one that actual owned the boat. Those crabs were very fresh and just out of the water that day - can't get any better than that!
I know people usually have crab on New's Eve but having them fresh is more important to me. Have to say it was while worth the wait!  Now going to learn to make garlic noodles from scratch for the new year.

No comments: