Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Creative Process - coffee

I really don't understand  how my creative process works but I just know it happens. 
I'm in the planning stage to hosting a high tea for my volunteers. We were planning on going to the Palace in San Francisco, famous for their high tea but on the days we can go they don't serve tea. We switched to doing something at a new coffee shop that opened up down the block. I read the reviews about the shop (it's new but has a lot of great reviews already) and there was one that caught my eye. The poster was upset that the person behind the counter said that drip and pour over are the same thing. I don't know enough about making coffee to know the difference but I was wondering why the customer would even asked if they already knew the answer.  One reason I don't go to that famous coffee place that only does pour over because it takes so freaking long to get your coffee. For someone like me who can't tell the difference I won't wait 20 minutes.
In going over the business end of planning the high tea with the coffee shop owner, I asked why don't coffee shops offer the pour over option for those who want to DIY it. I can see customers who plan to sit there and prefer the pour over method being able to DIY it.  Freshly ground specialty coffee (something you wouldn't buy a pound of) and making it the way you like. I know the Starbucks could never do this but these little mom and pop shops could offer this for their local fans. 
Would this be something you do if it was available?
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: