Thursday, August 19, 2021

Our consigner hit a home run today!

Related Posts with ThumbnailsYesterday was another WOW day, My consigner came in to look at the things I had set aside for her and first thing she said was, guess how much those men's shirt sold for?  Now she doesn't normally deal with men's clothes and we don't get a lot of high end men's clothing either. 
I can't tell you how many times people tell me something is very $$$$ and maybe in their world it is but in the resell world it's not. I know when they have printed out a current eBay listing to prove their point, it's never the final sold page. So I always take it with a grain of salt and it's part of doing business in the thrift store world. 
This one donor donated some very high end purses (new Coach purses) and shoes that I knew my consigner could sell close to retail, so no brainer there. When her husband's shirts came in and she said they where $$$ I was just a little skeptical because they were rayon, not the most expensive fabric, a label I never heard of and the prints were bold and loud but because the rest of her donation was very high end,  I thought it was at least worth a try for our consigner.
Five shirts (I think there was a total of 7) sold for $290.00, each to the same person in Texas! The shirts are a private label made in Italy for the Neiman Marcus stores. The louder the print the more valuable they are. 
So for all those thrift stores who think it's not worth working with a good consigner, think again! There would have been no way we would have even gotten close to that amount and even with the % the consigner takes, we still made a total day's sale in one go. Now if I can just figure out how to post the photo of the shirts for you - still working on that. :) 

No comments: