Sunday, August 22, 2021

Only paper crafters will understand

This is something only paper crafters will understand. 
It's been well over a year since I made a card with any detail. With the pandemic, losing Annie, moving and starting a new job I just haven't had the band width to do anything creative. When I moved, most of the stuff in the moving truck was my crafting things. Now that I have a little down time and I go to Mees's house to babysit, I can leave things out.  I decided even if I do nothing other than get things out of the closet and bookcases, it's a start.

I have a bin of washi paper end cuts, for many many years which I used for iris folding. I really want to use the not so popular ones up. They really don't work for iris folding (dull colors) so I decided to do some paper weaving. Using 1" strips because I was being lazy and didn't want to cut thinner ones, makes a pretty big card. I have to just bite the bullet and make a 6" card which does require extra postage. I haven't sent out cards in awhile so why not splurge a little on my friends. 
This is the part that only old time paper crafters will understand. I needed certain size circles which I didn't have so I pulled out all my cutting machines to get the sizes I need. The weaving part is really thick and thin dies won't cut through it.  Had to break out the heavy duty Accu-Cut machine (wonder are they still in business?) that is a great job. Having only one circle die for that machine, I then needed a 4.5" circle for the matting. The only way to get one is to use my Cricut  machine, cira 2006. I was just hoping the blade wasn't too dull since I can't remember the last time I used it. 
All the parts for the cards are now scattered in different parts of the house. Being a 1920's building there is only one outlet in each room. I hope later today to gather everything up and finish the cards to get them ready to mail on Monday. Wish me luck!

No comments: