Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Free at last!


Related Posts with ThumbnailsSince moving here I haven't had a lot of free time to do anything creative with all my paper crafting supplies. The lost of Annie and the depression that followed hasn't helped either. 
Now with the store running fairly smoothly and I'm free from grandma duty I'm finally get a few days off to do want I want to do.  When there's a little one running around I couldn't keep anything out but now I can start a project and know I can come back to it later. Plus I feel like cooking again, so happy to stop ordering take out.
The card was made with all the washi paper end cuts I have. Decided to go with 1" strips because it was faster to weave but made a pretty big card. I haven't made a 6" square card in a long time!  I did the weaving over a few weeks and then had to break out all my cutting machines to get the right circle. 
The card was inspired by all my quilting buddies and the flowers that come into work. I was trying to do a fancy quilt square design but my brain just didn't want to go there. :) Cards going out in the mail today before I head down to San Jose to stock my booth at Cottage Crafts!

No comments: