Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Mailbox money


Related Posts with ThumbnailsOne of the things my store is doing a little differently is to use a consigner to sell the more high end things we sometimes get in. I think the % the consigner takes puts off most other thrift stores but in my case it's working out very well. The first thing is that our consigner can get full retail, which a thrift stores just can't. She also handles everything, emails, shipping and returns. She can also advise me if something is missing or if something is a knock off.  This coat is very cool but it originally had a liner, which is now missing. She can tell me if it's better for me to sell it in the store or not. And the last thing is that I don't have to worry about theft. Having a lot of high priced things in the thrift store, just isn't a good idea especially in this area. 
I really don't understand why other thrift store don't use this type of service. Much more effective than using eBay or other online sites you have to keep track of yourself.
I call it mailbox money, the check just shows up!

No comments: