Thursday, August 26, 2021

Morning routine

Related Posts with ThumbnailsThe smell of brewing coffee has always been a favorite, not that I really like drinking coffee all that much. I got into the habit of making coffee (grinding the beans is the best part) because of Annie.  When we would go out to play in the morning I would have a big mug of coffee with lactose free milk, (really more milk than coffee) while she ran around after her ball. It was our morning routine for over 10 years and I miss her and that time together.
After moving here to Alameda I've had a very hard time getting into any type of routine. Depression makes it hard to stay focus and getting into those comforting routines. Not being able to hike or walk  safely outside anymore hasn't helped either. Now that the shop is more demanding of my time and there is a sort of regluar schedule, getting into a routine is getting easier. 
Not being much of a milk person, I found chocolate oat milk at TJ to use in my coffee. My version of a Mocha because as much as I like the idea of hanging out at a coffee shop, I never did because it took time away from Annie and waiting in line to pay that much for something I could make at home wasn't worth it to me. My coffee set up has a lot of parts but after the coffee is made, only the grinder stays on the counter. I make drip coffee because I don't want a coffee maker out all the time. Can't wait for the day again when I can walk outside again and see trees and hills with my morning brew. :)

No comments: