Monday, April 5, 2010

Pie and Airport Security

One of my Colorado cousins, Gary (the guy that makes pies - hmmm that would make a good name for a pie  company)makes the world's best pies.  They are so good, that I asked if he would make some for me to bring back home to California.  He's a good sport and not only did he make several pies for the birthday party, he made several for his California relatives to take home. 
With all the new restrictions for what you can take on a plane, I didn't know what catergory pie would fall into. It's not the pie tin as it turns out to be the problem but the filling. Cream or custard type pie are a big no no (think pumpkin pie) and fruit pies are in the gray area.  I was lucky this time and my two pies (one apple and berry/apple) made it through after going an extra security check.  Yep, I had pie for breakfast.

No comments: