Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hot Bees

Hubby has been getting a lot of calls to pick up swarms.  It's bee swarm season right now.  We use the swarms to restock  some of our hives.  The caught swarm has to come to our house for a few days to make sure everything is OK before heading out to some of our locations.  Now I'm all for bees but huddy has a really bad habit of putting them right in the middle of my garden. I can't work on the vegetable beds or compost piles when a new swarm is here.  The bees are always a little "hot", meaning not happy about being moved and they don't want you near their hive.  I asked when this swarm was going to be moved to another location, I got the usual "if I don't answer in whole sentences, I don't have to do anything about" look. While, I'm not the VP of the bee guild for nothing.  I said either the bees get move this week or I will do it. I don't handle the bees (hubby knows this) but I can dial the phone and call about of 20 bee keepers who would be happy to come take swarm off my hands. :)
The photo above is one of the swarms that is now in a hive.
Remember is you see a swarm (make sure it's bees) call your local bee guild to have them relocated.

No comments: