Thursday, January 14, 2010

Junk Yard Raider

Yesterday I spent 4 hours going through two storage lockers of old vintage items leftover from another antique dealer's estate. It was a really dirty job but I did get hold of some really cool stuff. I picked up a bunch of old holiday postcards, some postmarked from 1902. It only cost a penny to mail and all you needed was the name,city and state. No home address, street or zip code back then. My main computer had a melt down and I'm waiting for my IT guy to come and work his voodoo magic on it. Since it's not one of my hubby's computers, he doesn't see the urgent need to get it fixed and of course I can't use the new faster laptop he got for Christmas. He's turned back into a couch potatoes with all the "videos" he's downloaded. Wondering if there is a slang term for someone who watches mindless things from his computer? So I'm having computer withdrawals at the moment and waiting by the front door from my IT guy to show up.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

sounds like my kind of fun, digging through "stuff".

And the phrase for someone who sits for hours in front of their computer is "mouse potato"!