Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anniversary Mushroom Hunting

Hubby and I can't agree on what to do for our anniversary coming up in a few weeks. He likes to go back to places he's been and I like to go to place I've never seen. February isn't the best month to go places since it's still cold and wet. Something we both agree on is learning to hunt wild mushrooms. It's been on both of our life list and with all the rain we've been getting it's time. Hubby is good a spot things and cooking with local foods. I like hiking off trail and doing something different so it's a good compromise. Our fungus guides said we will be going out for Black Trumpets this weekend. Guess it's going to be a good year for them. My next trip will be to go hiking for mushrooms in Italy or maybe truffle hunting with pigs in France.

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

You are WAYYYYYYYYY more adventurous than I am! Happy Hunting!