Thursday, January 28, 2010

Candy Canes Gone Wrong

I'm not much of a baker and I guess I'm not much of a candy maker either.  Lydia (Understand Blue) post a while back about melting two candy canes to make a heart.  So in one of those rare moments with my oven on (cooking a prime rib roast) I thought I would give it a try.  I totally forgot that it didn't take to much time to melt.  When I checked on it 10 minutes later (which is about 8 minutes to late) they had melted in blob.   It wasn't a good night for things coming out of the oven.  I picked up a prime rib roast at Trader Joe's and it smelled a little funny when I opened the bag, first bad sign.  As it was cooking it smelled off, second bad sign. Not that yummy home cooking smell I get when I cook pot roast.  When it came out of the oven it was cooked perfectly but still tasted funny, the third and final sign. So everything went into a zip lock bag and it's going back to the store.  One good thing about TJ is that they take back everything no questions asked.

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

HHHHAAAA OMG. Hilarious

Unknown said...

I hope no one got sick!!! I still like the candy cane hearts - no one have known they weren't supposed to look this way if you hadn't told!!!!