Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Amy Flynn - Found Object Dolls

Many moons ago I started going to auction houses to find the weird and unusual objects so I could make dolls like the famed artist Amy Flynn. (I love her cat and bee dolls below) I dragged home a tons of stuff which morphed into the start of Alley Cats Vintage treasures, my antique business.  I started to haunt auction houses for other alter artists, finding the treasures they didn't have time to hunt down themselves.  I remember listening to "Eat That Frog"(very good audio book) and he talked about all the screen writers in Hollywoood who didn't have a finish script ready if the opportunity came up to show it to someone. They didn't make the time to do the thing they said was important to them.  I've felt like a screen writer without a script for a long time so this year with my new word being "focus", I 'm going to make a alter art doll.  I have all the parts, maybe not all the right tools but that's not an excuse. So today I started to gather the parts and worked on the construction of getting the parts to fit together. My final doll may not be a whimsy as Amy Flynn but I would have at least made one.         

No comments: