Monday, November 16, 2009

Bhaktapur Nepal - Mandala


I'm not one to buy a lot of stuff during my travels. I pack as light as I can and usually don't have room in my carry on bags to bring anything back. While we toured the old city of Bhaktapur, our guide took us into one of the shops to see the art school in action. This is one of the smaller mandala (14x14) and the detailed work is amazing. Since it was rolled up nice and tight, it fit into my suitcase. I was also super lucky when I got home to find the perfect frame and matting at TJMax when I had to do a return. Only took a few minutes to put is all together and get it up on the wall in my studio.
While we were getting ready to board our bus just outside of the city market place a gun shot went off. It was close enough for the bird's feather or whatever they were shooting at to fall on us. This is a packed city street corner so I'm not talking about being out in the country with lots of open space. Good thing we were getting on our bus ready to leave.

No comments: